Sidor

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve



http://www.campus.se/stored-images-se/8a/8aeb7199-1f4d-441a-bcb6-7ba64a249962.jpg 
After spending christmas morning at Roberts mother's place I went home right before the start of the obligatory viewing of Donald ducks Christmas at 3 o'clock. It's been a tradition for many years in sweden to watch "Donald Duck's christmas" (At least that's what we call it), a show that shows bits and parts of Disney's "Santa's workshop", cinderella, snow white, ferdinand and other disney classics for an hour each Christmas. So at 3 o'clock when it starts half of sweden is benched in front of tv, watching the show together with their families. The show often is one of the most viewed programs of the year (this year it was the second most viewed program in sweden) so it's kind of a big deal here.
Since I had so little time at home before christmas, this year my family had to decorate without me, but they fared well anyway, though I did think the christmas tree looked a little bare compared to usual.
My family relaxing in our huge couch and watching tv. From the left my brother harald, my dad and my mom. (My eldest brother Henrik is missing as he was in Taiwan during christmas).

Santa Claus visited us and gave out our presents! He was kind of a swell fella', joking and rhyming and waving to the camera ^^ In our family, we always have one of us play santa - I guess we're a bit childish, but it's really fun!

Since we got older we never receive many presents anymore, usually it's some small packages and a letter, and the letter is always the "real" present, usually money for a purpose we've wished for. That tradition actually started when we started to wish for expensive technical stuff like computers, cameras or phones and our parents gave us a a contribution for it, sometimes for the whole thing, other times only a part of it, as we realized all the technical stuff are so much cheaper the days after christmas. (In sweden between christmas and new years there's something called "middle days Sale", where every shop has big sales). This year I got a book from my brother that he thinks will inspire me to write more and a new pair of cute gloves from my parents. Then of course the letter. This year I wanted to travel to dublin an wished for a contribution for that. You see, Robert will be studying in Dublin as an exchange student for three months and I want to visit him, but of course it's expensive and I didn't want anything special this christmas so I decided to instead wish for a contribution to those trips. Mom and dad sympathised with my wish and decided to give me TWO whole trips to and back from dublin ^-^ So happy!


Dad got loads of books (We've tried giving him something else, but in the end all he wants is books *laughs*) and mom got a real pearl and gold necklace from me and Robert. I think she likes it as she's been wearing it everyday since christmas :)

//Wayu




No comments:

Post a Comment