Sidor

Monday, February 11, 2013

The best travel digital camera

Last year when me and robert went to japan for three weeks I had my nikon D300 camera with me, my huge DSLR. It's heavy and a hassle to bring with you, especially when it's as hot as in asia.
This time, I'm thinking better of bringing that camera with me - it wasn't fit for the big city when we could put away our baggage in a hostel room, so it won't be suitable for the backpacking trip when we'll be constantly on the move either.

But, I still want to take pictures. I wold hate it if I couldn't take pictures of this wonderful trip we're making! Memories fade, but pictures can refreshen them. Plus, it's fun to photograph.

So, I need a camera. My iphone 4 camera is what I usually use for the blog since I'm too lazy to carry around the nikon, but it's not a good camera at all - I'm not fooling myself. So I've been thinking for a while that I should get a new phone with a better camera on, but there's still no great phone camera in sight so I put that idea aside. The only solution then is to buy a new camera - a camera that can take great pictures, can film as well, is light and easy to carry around, and not too big. In other words - a digital camera.


So, I started looking online for the best digital camera around in my price-range. And finally, I think I've found the digital travel camera of my dreams!



























A Sony cybershot DSC-HX20V! It's a slightly larger digital camera than normal but it's still small enough to fit in your pocket, it weighs no more than 250g and takes very good quality photos. It can zoom up 40x! (though it is a 20x optical zoom with a digital up to 40), take macro pictures from 1cm distance, takes good pictures in poorly lit environments and has a great ISO and blender range, a special setting to fix backlight problems (when the front becomes all black when the lighting comes from the back) as well as different scene selections, two(!) automatic settings and a full manual mode.
Oh and it's not only a camera, it's also a full HD film camera. (it also has other functions like GPS and what not, but you know, I can't mention it all for full specifications click here)

In other words a really good digital camera in a small package that would be perfect for the trip I'm planning to make!

Might be a great wish for my birthday in april ;)

//Wayu

No comments:

Post a Comment